Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Inaugural Post - Not a Webcomic

So, the story of this story is that my fiance asked me to start a webcomic. His rationale was that I enjoy webcomics, that I am funny, and that there are webcomics that support themselves via advertising -and I'm an advertising major, how convenient! He neglects, of course, to notice that I cannot draw for shit.

But he wouldn't quit bugging me about it. I even drew some stick figures and left them in the scanner to point out that no, I cannot see any possible way of my doing a successful webcomic. He maintains that said drawings are funny and that poor drawing skills are no barrier to webcomic glory. Dude's been reading too much xkcd.

I will concede, though, that I can probably write fairly well and that I should indeed be doing something.

So here it is. A potentially-illustrated blog. Not a webcomic.

So there, Sparky.

I am going to call him that because I believe all bloggers should have hamster names. Sparky was actually the name of a gerbil I had once, but my engineer's penchant for mucking about with car batteries (and reading Girl Genius,) makes me think he should be called that, also. He also tends to eat carrots much the way the original Sparky did. I shall be called Dusty because 'Sparky' is taken.

Oh, well. Here goes nothing.

Wait! I need an abortion joke! R.K. Milholland started with an abortion joke and he is everything I hope to be on the Internet. *thinks*

How do you get anti-choice protesters to read your blog? ...I d'know, dead baby jokes?

Shit. I'm not going to be good at this.

No comments: